Thursday 8 June 2017

Music: I choose it!

Firstly, by that title I don't mean to say I can choose what music others play or enjoy; only that I choose music overall over many other things. (Even if, God knows, I have no time whatsoever for some genres.) As a kid, while playing my Walkman during long car trips with my family, I was virtually nicknamed “JARRED, STOP SINGING!” But unfortunately for them, there was no discouraging me there.

I can't play music (except on a stereo; and I do still love singing), but listening to it, reading about it, watching music documentaries et cetera... I just can't get enough of those three. My taste is largely retro also, especially for my age (29 next month), but fine art is never time-stamped.


There's just no stronger rush than when you're at a concert, feeling either mad with excitement or intimately connected, emotionally and aesthetically, with the performers Рor better yet, both. It's an old clich̩, I know, but music truly is the universal language, and however you hear it, its power and beauty is perennial.

No comments:

Post a Comment