Wednesday 30 August 2017

"Even when you died, oh, the press still hounded you..."

So, this week we're full into the swing of the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. Even I recall what I was doing when the news broke; I was just 9. (I was watching swimming on TV.) Now, she did many great things as a committed humanitarian and mother - but that second one is sort of why I consider this much pomp and ceremony inappropriate.

That whole week has come to (at least publicly) define William and Harry's lives ever since, and they have had to live under constant scrutiny as much as she did (if not more so with social media now), which she hated and which partially led to her death. I know the media have mouths to feed, but when they behave like this, it's no wonder many get served a knuckle sandwich. Plus, let's not forget, Dodi al-Fayed (her BOYFRIEND) and Henri Paul were also killed (even if, yes, Paul got behind the wheel drunk and none of them buckled up). Enough is enough.

And I'm a congenital republican, by the way. There may be a post specifically about that coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment