Thursday 17 August 2017

“I now pronounce you... wait! Sorry! We have to vote first!”

It's the postal vote nobody wanted but we're now getting anyway, on the issue the polls for years have shown Australians clearly support. Now, firstly I should stress I don't actually see the point of marriage in general. I never have. But regardless, I'm not about to sit idly by and not do my bit for equality for anyone.

Let's say two men or two women chose to marry. It'd be no different to a traditional wedding, except obviously there'd be two brides or two grooms. Now, is that even anybody else's business, much less something that will cause harm? Not at all. Every country which has already legalised same-sex marriage can vindicate that, and God knows you already hear ABBA and Kylie Minogue played (and glitter thrown) at fuckloads of weddings anyway.

Image result for postal vote australia marriage equality

Before history damns us for squandering love and progress, and so we can finally focus on righting other wrongs, just fucking make marriage equality happen, Australia. By whatever means necessary or available.

No comments:

Post a Comment