Saturday 19 October 2019

Healing.

Last December I got personal and confessional on here as you may recall, to no avail, and so then last month I revisited that post and delivered a sort-of second part to it. I closed that one with a suggestion that perhaps that article would do the trick for me finally. Well, I'm very pleased to announce it did. I cannot tell you just how cathartic and liberating the mere process of writing that entry was for me, let alone posting it. Once I put it out there, I shed cleansing tears and felt immensely relieved, if not necessarily redeemed.

Almost a month later, I don't know if I've forgiven myself yet for the misdemeanours I'd committed which inspired those entries, but I do know they've occupied my thinking considerably less since. I don't think I should forget about them entirely anyway. Regardless, considering all of that I am sincerely more at peace mentally than I was before posting about them.

In that sense, I am gradually healing. I'd forgotten how nice that process feels, but I don't want to do anything to have to try to achieve that feeling again. Come to think of it, as I lay here on my bed composing this entry, the catharsis is returning.

It occurs to me now, to say to any of you who may be stewing over something you regret doing or saying, to speak up. You really do have to release that stuff from your head; otherwise it will become an increasingly heavy weight around your neck. I would even suggest expressing it all online, not necessarily on social media but somewhere like here, where you have a smaller but more intimate audience. It legitimately worked for me.

In closing, once more, I still haven't yet exonerated myself of those sins (whether I should or not), but know this: I feel a damn sight better now that I've shared them, and how I've punished myself for them over the years, with all of you. Thank you, and now let's all try to heal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment