Friday 13 December 2019

Something horrible, part two: how I'm feeling now.

So now it's almost a fortnight after that concerning message from my former friend. I haven't re-read it since for fear of dwelling on it (although I still have it) but regardless, despite everything I'm actually feeling pretty good. Not about hurting her, but about all the rest and the thoughts I've subsequently had about it.

I saw my occupational therapist yesterday and discussed this incident with her. After painting the picture I expressed all the thoughts I've had about it - from them maybe self-harming to that perhaps they just wanted to make me think they had that intention when they lacked it and that how I still believe I made my request of them as considerately as possible - and my OT objectively took my side. She even said she thought I'd dodged a bullet by having this happen. I was already calm before she said all this, but afterwards I was naturally even more so. She also assured me there was nothing I could do since they'd deleted their account upon sending that message. I greatly appreciated this feedback.

I can't actually think of anything more to write here, except perhaps to say that I am doing fine currently and, whatever has happened, I sincerely hope my former friend is, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment