Thursday 21 September 2017

A Dis-Rhyme of Mine.

The diagnosis came when I was just twelve,
A lifelong condition that I couldn't shelve.
Growing up I never thought I was weird,
And it wasn't like I had a long goatee beard.
I was an inquisitive and bookish young boy,
But just like all others I relished new toys.
I had my bullies and trouble making friends,
But those I did make will be true to the end.
I wish I could say I've always treated people right,
But sometimes we ALL need help seeing the light.
My quirks and complexities can't be hidden, I now know,
But I've learned not to mind for whom they're on show.
It was years before I could disclose my condition,
But lo and behold, doing so is now a tradition.
And it isn't just now something in which I have pride,
But something I know how to take in my stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment