Friday 25 May 2018

YEAH, YEAH, YELLOW!

Image result for yellow

Ever since roughly high school, my favourite colour has unquestionably been yellow. I imagine "Why is ___ your favourite colour?" is a pretty tough question for most of us, and I'm no exception. If I really ponder my answer, I guess it would be that yellow just consistently speaks most to me of all the colours in the rainbow, and I have always been a visual type. Of course, it also has associations with many other things I adore: my footy team the Brisbane Broncos have it among their colours, my favourite fruit is bananas, and the Beatles all lived in such a submarine.

But I savour life despite all its challenges, and yellow is the colour of the sun, which is the giver of life on Earth. That's surely the most inseparable association any colour has, aside from blue and the ocean. And come to think of it, as you might've already sensed I have quite a soft spot for Asian action and anime films, and Asians are yellow themselves. Yellow is more than a colour to me. It's a widespread and ongoing source of escapism and inspiration. But just for the record, I am not at all into letting the mellow yellow. ;)

Image result for yellow sun

No comments:

Post a Comment